Friday, June 6, 2008
Many thanks to all of you who came out to support the library at our annual budget vote on May 20. The budget was approved by a vote of 301 to 226, and both trustees on the ballot were elected to new five year terms which will begin in July. The bond proposition passed by 2 votes. On behalf of the Board of Trustees and staff of the library let me express our heartfelt appreciation for the community’s continued support of our library and we look forward to serving all of you in numerous ways in the coming year.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Remember reading is a skill that needs to be practiced over the summer. It's the same as bike riding, swimming, baseball, and other activities. Plan the library into your summer schedule!!!
Summer Reading Club: "Catch the Reading Bug" starts June 23
Keep track of your reading time on-line!!
and check out these programs......
- Tues, July 8; 630 pm - Water Bugs: Life in a Pond
- Tues, July 15; 630 pm - Melvin the Magician
- Mon, July 21; 10 am (NCS Gym) - High Peaks Juggling
- Tues, July 22; 630 pm - Science in the Summer: hands-on experiments
- Tues, Aug 5; 1 pm - awards party; raffle